Counting my Blessings

Sometimes the things we think are burdens are actually blessings.
Unfortunately, we don't realize that God has given us the ability to handle these "burdens" and carry those loads without falling flat on our faces.
I see it now.
I would get upset sometimes because of my responsibilities. I have to pay all the bills and the rent. It feels like a huge burden because I want things- material things and because of my responsibilities, I just can't get what I want. How shallow.
I forget to acknowledge that I am so fortunate. We have never been unable to pay the rent, or had our light shut off because we couldn't pay it. We have never gone without food.
I realize that I have a blessing. I can take care of these things despite the recession and the fact that I don't make a lot of money.
So what if I have to sacrifice that bag or those shoes? Material things mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.
It took me a minute to realize this. I would be singing a different tune if I couldn't take care of the bills, if I couldn't take care of my mom.
I am blessed. I have to say it to myself so it becomes ingrained. I. Am. Blessed.
I have to keep saying it until I believe it, on those days when I just want to get my nails done or when I want to go to a fancy restaurant. Or when I just don't want to be the only one paying all the bills.
I. AM. BLESSED

Labels: