Teacher

I have taken on a new identity, that of a teacher.
If someone had told me that this is what I would be doing, I would call them a fool. Me? Teaching kids? psshhh...right.
Yet here I am about to embark on a journey I never envisioned but which has become a passion.
I joined Teach for America and I am really passionate about their dedication to eliminating the educational gap.
It is so heartbreaking to know that there are kids who leave highschool unable to read, never having the option to go to college and reverse the cycle of poverty that plagues so many people of color.
I want to be a part of a movement that sets out to rid this country of system which has failed so many students.

The task is great and I know that it certainly will not be an easy one but I am so ready for it.
I am a teacher and I want to make a difference.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Ghandi

Labels: