Fighting Spirit

"I am a little wounded, but I'm not slain. I will lay me down for to bleed awhile, Then I will rise and fight again."
- John Dryden


Sometimes the easiest thing to do when you find yourself in a difficult situation is to simply give up.
You ask yourself "What's the sense in trying?" when you feel like the world is on your back and everything you do seems to fail.

The thing I have learned however over the past 27 years is that there is a tomorrow and things do get better. Having been through my share of fires and survived, I know from experience that you can make it through even when things are at their darkest.

It is not easy to have a fighting spirit, it takes work --a lot of work. Pardon the cliche but you have to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and get back out there. Giving up should never be an option. I can't stress how important it is to have this in your mind.

You'll make it through.

Labels: ,