True Friendship

                                                   source: zwani.com

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


I came across this quote as I was talking to my bestest friend in the whole wide world tonight and I thought how fitting it is to our friendship.

Words can't even begin to describe the way I feel about my friend Julaine. She is the epitome of a true friend. I am a hot mess and she is the only person who truly knows who I am and has accepted me with all my quirks and flaws. She is the only person who I can completely vulnerable with and not fear judgement.

She has been living in a different country going to med school for the past two yrs and we haven't been communicating as much as we used to. It struck me the other day when I feeling particularly unhappy, how much I have missed her. She was such a big part of my daily life and since she has been gone it just feels like a part of me wasn't there. I could talk to her about my problems and she was never afraid to tell me the truth whether I wanted to hear it or not.

It is an amazing feeling to know that there is someone with whom I have such a strong bond and I know that ours is a friendship that was meant to be (considering we hated each other when we met over ten years ago, lol).

I am truly blessed and honored to have her in my life. Praises to the man above, two snaps and a raise the roof.