I'm back friends...sort of.I'm back from Chicago but in Rhode Island for more work.
It's cool, I'm staying with my crazy friend Karla so I'm not stuck in a hotel all alone. That is the worst part of travelling, when you end up in a hotel room all alone with nothing to do but watch crappy cable shows and eat too much junk out of boredom.Oops, flashback.

So, lately everyone and their moms have been telling me what I need to do to find a man. At first I was cool  with my singleness(??) but now I'm starting to think maybe I really do have a problem. I mean why are so many people telling me what I need to do differently? Does that mean I'm not doing something right?
Maybe I don't smile enough or give the "come hither" look to lure them in. Oh and I don't go out to the right places or so my friends have been telling me. Clearly I have a major problem or major problems.

I met an older lady at my training and she asks me if I have a "honey". Of course, I said no. She then proceeded to tell me that I should sign up for eHarmony. She met her husband on there and so did a bunch of people she knows.
Oh Lord, if I get another suggestion I'm going to scream.
Why can't HE just find me where I am, with my mean face and all? Do I really need to go out of my way to meet a man?



I guess I'm just tired of trying to figure out what the problem is. I was making peace and settling into the reality of not being in a relationship and then people just started bringing it up, everywhere I go that's all they want to know. Hey that rhymes.

Anyway, I've contemplated the whole online dating thing. Maybe I'll stop being cheap and give it a shot. That lady met her husband on E and she is convinced it works. I wouldn't have to worry about all the awkward parts of trying to meet somebody, trying make eye contact with a guy at a bar or do that whole flirty thing to get them interested. I'm so not good at that. I'm a HORRIBLE flirt. Hmmm...maybe online dating is the thing for me after all.
We shall see. I'm going to sleep on it.
Ciao for now.



Labels: ,