Hmm....Should I ?

Hi y'all. You know how I've been complaining about not really meeting anyone interesting to go out with. My dating life has been less than interesting over the past few months. Well, there is a guy at my job who asked me out.
Truth be told, he is NOT my type. I usually like my men refined, well- spoken and college educated. He is none of the aforementioned. Therefore I was a whole lotta hesitant to say yes. I spoke to some of my close girlfriends at work and they were very encouraging about giving him a chance and not judging a book by its cover. He is cute but a bit 'hood.
I've decided to give him a chance- to go on a date. Mainly because of peer pressure and out of curiosity.
I made it clear that I was picking the place, I didn't want to end up at Red Lobster or Applebee's. I like those places but not for a first date.
Anyway, he asked for my number and I gave it to him. He asked if we can hang out on Monday since we don't have work. I agreed. Let's see if he texts. I sorta told him not to call me. I was being bitchy.

As I'm typing this, it hit me that I have been totally bitchy towards him since he asked me out, in fact sort of snobby. Oh no! I turned into one of those women with her head up her own you know what. Not cool. I was kinda thinking I was too good for him. Wow, when did I start thinking like that? Guess I need to check myself.
Well if he texts me after the way I acted, I'll go out with him.
I'll keep you posted. Have a great weekend.
Ciao!!


Labels: