Color Pop

I was in the mood to do a little shopping yesterday and since everyone was having some kind of sale with extra off sale, I ventured out to see what I could find. It proved to be a very productive expedition.


Usually, I'm not the trendy type of gal. I wear what I wear. As long as I like it and I feel good in it, I'll wear it. In style or not.
One trend that I do love these days however, is colored denim. I've been keeping my eyes open for a nice pair. I tried on a pair from the Gap the other day. Terrible idea. The fabric is way too thin and my already substantial thighs looked magnified in the mint colored denim I had the nerve to try on.
Needless to say, I ran out of that dressing room and away from those pants as if the devil was chasing me. Maybe colored denim was just not for me.
But.. being the determined person I am, I made one more attempt while in Madewell yesterday. They had the above featured pair on sale for 49.99 with extra 40% then another 10% with my student ID. Also being a SUCKER for extra % off, I grabbed them and bravely made my way into the fitting room.
I squeezed my thighs into the pants and surprisingly they weren't as bad as the Gap pair. Might have something to do with the fact that these pants were seemingly built to withstand pressure. The fabric was a lot thicker. Dare I say, I actually looked cute in them. Well except for the little muffin top, but nothing that a loose  shirt can't remedy.
The color is awesome too. It's bright but not as pushy as say a pair of fire red or Popsicle orange pair of denim. My thighs would be way too happy to flaunt themselves and be all up in people's business in any of those colors.

Can't wait to rock them. Too bad I'm not a fashion blogger so you could see me in them.
Ciao!