Life After the Fall

As I write this I can't help but feel a little emotional.
I've been trying to hold it together all day but to be honest I feel like crying.
There is that part of me that knows that everything happens for a reason and it will all work out in the end but there is also the part of me that wants to bitch about the fact that just as I was beginning to get settled in my apartment something so random had to happened to take away my little bit of security.
I'm trying to be positive, but when I think about my drapes that were just installed or my shelves that I paid to have put up in my living and laundry room or all the grocery I just bought and stocked up my refrigerator, I kinda feel sad and mad.
It's all material stuff and in the grand scheme of things its not that important. After all, I'm alive and no one got hurt. I know this but they were MY stuff and it was MY home. I love my apartment and I don't want to have to give it up.
Yes.... welcome to my pity party. May I offer some cheese with this whine?
Don't judge me ok, I'm human. I'm allowed to be weak once in awhile.

So apart from me feeling sorry for myself, other things happened in the day. Surprising right?
We were shuttled back to the apartment to gather some of our belongings. We had 20 minutes to grab our important things and get the heck out of there. Not enough time if you ask me, how was I supposed to get my drapes and shelves down?
Before that we met with ADEC. They explained what would be happening over the next few days. We will be here for three days, which could mean a month. The investigation into what caused the collapse hadn't even started.
There is the possibility of moving somewhere else, however at this point it's not set in stone. Once all the investigation is over, they can make a decision.
Good news is that we have another free day off, No work. Yay!

They really are doing the best they can to take care of us and I really appreciate their efforts. We are staying in a fancy hotel with all meals provided. It could be way worse.