Growing Up

One of the best things about change is that it can help you to grow through self discovery.
When your situation changes, you have the opportunity to find out exactly the stuff you are made of.

I am definitely grateful for these opportunities especially with my move here to Abu Dhabi.
I have been in situations that have challenged me emotionally and spiritually and I have found out that I am a lot tougher than I give myself credit for (through Christ who strengthens me).

One of the things I am realizing is that I have to grow up more emotionally. I need to be more mature when it comes to handling my life. I typically go to my friends asking for advice, listening to everyone's opinions and then I make my decision or take action based on the views of others.
This isn't always a bad thing especially if the people you are talking to have experience and knowledge in the area of your need.
However, a crucial part of growing up is to actually know what you want and what is best for you i.e making your own decisions.
People can advise you but at the end of the day it is your life and your choices. You must live with the consequences of your choices. No one else will be held accountable.

This is a big lesson I needed to learn and it seems the opportunity to learn has come along. I hope I will have the courage to be independent in my choices and face the outcome with no regrets.