New York Longing

 

Golly gee, in about 6 weeks give or take I will be back in New York.

Cue Alicia Keys "In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made, oh There's nothing you can't do, now you're in New York These streets will make you feel brand new..."

Well more specifically I will be home in Brooklyn. Sweet as.

Did I tell you guys how excited I am?
Well just in case you missed the memo, I am beyond excited. I am practically jumping out of my skin. I can almost taste it...it being the Big Apple of course.

I keep thinking about all the things I will do when I get home, strangely it all involves eating.
I can admit that. I have missed the food I used to eat in NY.
Of course I miss my mom and my friends but mostly I miss the food. eek!! Am I dreadful?

So in no particular order of importance, here are some of the places I will fo' sure be hitting up when I get home. Don't judge me y'all.
This is to actually help you guys, when you go to New York you will know tons of places to visit.

  1. Spice- This is a really awesome and inexpensive Thai food chain that I like to frequent. They have the best Pork chops I have ever feasted on. I live in a Muslim country so obtaining pork is a little too much work for me. I like being able to go somewhere and order it all cooked and ready to consume. Everything else on the menu is pretty good. You will have to make multiple visits.
  2. Chipotle- Yum. Burritos. That is all I have to say.
  3. Golden Krust- Jamaican Beef Patties. Yes please. I have missed this the most. If you have never in your life had a Jamaican Beef Patty, you are missing out.
  4. Neely's Barbecue Parlor- Green Tomato Sangria. Sounds weird but it is super amazing.
  5. Southern Hospitality- Justin Timberlake's southern comfort food restaurant. Amazing ribs and cornbread.
  6. The Jamaican spot around the corner from my house- I| don't even know the name. All I need to know is where it's located and how good the food is. Oxtails and Curried Goat. Lol. I see your face but trust me, it is soooo good.

So there you have it folks. All I have come up with so far for my visit home is eating. I may schedule a few more things in between but I will mainly be eating. If you come looking, chances are you will find me at one of these places.

Ciao!!!
 

Labels: ,