Never Have I Ever

 fallen victim to a trend. Not until yesterday at least.

I've been hearing all the hype about Cronuts,New York's latest food fad and I needed to taste what all the fuss was about.
If you've never heard about these now highly famed pastries, then you ain't livin'. JK folks.
So picture it, a donut and a croissant have a baby and what you get is a flaky, strawberry and cream filled yumminess dipped and swaddled in sugar.Topped off with strawberry icing.
this

The bakery which is located in Soho is owned by Dominique Ansel. He makes only 250 of these puppies everyday and with all the write-ups and publicity, they sell out fast. Each customer is only allowed two, so there aren't many to go around.
You have to be there in line before the doors open to guarantee that you will have a chance to experience the goodness that is the Cronut.

Well, if it involves anything sweet and yummy I am down for it.
Thing is, I didn't want to go by myself. I did what any other self-respecting person would do and announced on Facebook that I was going and needed company.

Luckily I have some friends who don't mind waking up at the crack of dawn to go stand on line for 2.5 hours for a pastry.
We had to leave out at 5 a.m to get there early. It was a few minutes to six when we arrived and there were already twenty people ahead of us.
The doors don't open until eight so people had chairs and blankets to sit on while waiting.

When the doors finally opened, we couldn't wait to get in.
I was ready and excited to go in.

We got our lovely treats and made our way to the garden area in the back.

Truth be told, it wasn't all what I was expecting.
I thought it would be warm and chewy but it wasn't.
Don't get me wrong, it was pretty good but I don't know if it is worth standing in line for.

The experience was fun for me, which is more important.
 I got to reunite with a former co-worker who I hadn't seen in over five years. She has remained a friend on Facebook and this gave us the opportunity to reunite.
Oh the power of food!
I wouldn't do it again but I am glad I can say that I did it.
Sometimes you just have to live in the moment.

Reunited


my lovely friend Flor

My beautiful friend Shellorne and her precious pumpkin

About to dig into my Cronut

Happy!

I only ate one. My mom who by the way thought I was nuts for going and standing on the line, devoured the other one.
She was greatly impressed by how sinfully good it was.

If you have nothing to do and can afford to spend a few hours chilling, head over and try it for yourself.