hair lately




Hey lovelies ,
Am I the only one who gets super excited  when they discover new products/stuff?
For me it's hair products. Seriously I love hair products and some may even refer to me as a product junkie and you know what, I'm okay with that. 

It's a process trying to find what works for your hair and if you try something and you don't like it, on to the next. Right??

My latest product find is from a company called Soultanicals. I found out about them from a little lady named Fran over at Hey Fran Hey
She mentioned a few of the products she liked and they just happened to be having a sale so I checked them out. I was really impressed with their line of all natural hair and body products. 

I prefer to use products that are chemical and sulfate free in my hair because I have Psoriasis on my scalp and it is exacerbated by chemicals. I count it a blessing when I discover a company that caters to the needs of  women with natural hair.

After checking out the products and reading reviews, I bought a few things. 
My mom brought them for me when she came so it hasn't been a long time since I've been using them but so far I am happy. 
My hair feels healthy and smells great which is always a bonus especially when you work out 4 times a week. I can't wash my hair after every workout. My hair would be dry as old bones and let's be honest, ain't nobody got time for that.


+ Master Hair Cleanse: A detoxifying hair cleansing mask that removes dirt and build up without drying your hair. This product promises to repair damaged hair over a 4-6 weeks period. 

The verdict is still out on this. I don't think my hair is damaged but it is a little dry sometimes and this has helped with retaining moisture since it has a wonderful list of ingredients which includes aloe vera, coconut oil, hemp seed oil and a bunch of other really great herbs and essential oils. 

+ Loc-n-Roll Twist and Fro Out: This a hair butter but can act as a body butter that helps to alleviate dry hair and skin. 
The main ingredients are mango butter, Grapeseed oil and a blend of other healing oils. 

I love using it at the ends of my hair when I twist it because it keeps the dryness at bay. Also it smells amazing. Very tropical but not overwhelming. 

+ Afrotastic Deep Conditioning Treat: This is a deep conditioning mask that helps to promote healthy and moisturized hair. 
There is a host of amazing ingredients and the smell of course is wonderful. 


In my arsenal of hair products are my staples of Organic Virgin coconut Oil and Shea Moisture products. These have worked for me and I don't think I'll ever give them up but it's nice to have some new goodies to mix things up a bit.

My hair has grown but it's really hard to tell because it curls up and shrinks like a frightened snake (lol, that's my analogy cause I couldn't think of an animal that shrinks). 
I am still happy that I made the decision to go natural and although there are days when I have "fro envy", I am mostly happy with my little sprouting afro. It grows at a snail's pace but it's getting there. Eventually it will be the big hair that I've been dreaming about. 





Can we get into these bags under my eyes. Like,where they come from? WTH?? 
I think I'm getting old people.