Thankful

Hi lovelies, 
it's a bit late in the day but I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. 
I of course had to work but celebrated on Friday by cooking and inviting a few friends over. We had such a great time. Made me realize how blessed I am to have made such lovely friends here. 

Although I didn't grow up celebrating Thanksgiving in Jamaica, it became a part of my life once I moved to America. My best friend always invited me to spend the day with her and her family. I like that there's a specific day when people come together and celebrate all the the things they are thankful for. 

Life can get so hectic and it's nice to have the opportunity to just  be with family, eating and having a good time.

In keeping with the spirit of Thanksgiving I decided to make a list of things I'm thankful for

1. Life
Every time I drive on the streets in Abu Dhabi, I am thankful for life. Seriously, the driving here is so insane and people are super ridiculous. I am so thankful to God for keeping me alive. Also, it's a pretty good life for the most part. I am generally happy and I'm healthy. Not many people can really say that, I'm blessed.

2. My mom
I really love my mom and I am thankful to have her in my life. She is my anchor and it's good to know that I have someone who is constantly prayer for me and looking out for my best interest. 

3. My friends
I've been mostly lucky in the friends department. I 'm thankful for the friends I've made here in Abu Dhabi and the ones back home who take the time to keep in touch whether by WhatsApp or Facebook. I love that they check on me and tell me they miss me. 

4. My car
How was i living before? Now that I've gotten used to driving and the convenience of my little Yaris, I can;t imagine what life will be like once I move back to NY and have to navigate public transportation.  

5. My apartment
My little space is so cozy. I love laying out on my couch and relaxing. The view of the city at nights when all the building are lit up is amazing. I feel so lucky and the best part is that it's free! 

6. Music
I can't imagine not having music in my life. When I'm driving or chilling at home I'm always blasting my music. Also thankful for the privilege of being able to hear and appreciate music. 

7. My Tv, hulu plus and nextflix
When I first moved to AD, I decided I wasn't going to get a TV. I think I may have been suffering from a temporary bout of madness. What was I thinking? I am pretty sure I would have died of boredom by now. 
I would be missing out on the awesomeness of The Mindy Project and White Collar and basically all my fave shows. I am thankful that God brought me to my senses.

8. Whatsapp, Skype and FaceTime
Thank God for free forms of communication. 'nuff said.