Friday Confessional #4 + Recipe



Hello lovelies, 
Happy Friday! 
I was super busy today cooking and meal prepping so that during the week I won't have to do too much. I literally spent 4 hours today chopping vegetables, seasoning meat, baking and sautéing. I'm exhausted! 
It will all be worth it in the end though. I have salads for lunch prepped to go, roasted veggies ready for dinner. I have a whole chicken slow cooking in the crock pot and some wings marinating in fridge. I'm going to throw those in the crockpot too once the chicken is done. Bet you didn't know a crockpot was so versatile. You can cook just about anything in there, it's awesome!!

All of last week I had boiled eggs for breakfast and I wanted something a little different this week. 
It's a challenge to make something for breakfast that doesn't include eggs. I had to find a way to be more creative especially when I don't have much time in the mornings. 
A great way to change things up is to add some kind of meat or veggies. Lamb seemed the best choice cause I love lamb. Like a lot. Kind of obsessed with it actually. Hmmmm...lamb. Any who...

Here's the recipe for that amazing quiche like yumminess pictured above. I really didn't measure the ingredients but it's so easy, trust me. I'm going to guess at the portions. 

Ingredients

1/4 kilo Ground lamb ( I bought half kilo and used half the portion)
1 cup frozen broccoli ( thawed and chopped)
1/4 cup chopped onions (I used frozen chopped onions)
2 cups kale
2 cups spinach
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon turmeric
A few dashes of Mrs. Dash
Cinnamon
2 tsp organic ghee
2 tbsp coconut milk
12 eggs

Directions
Heat 1 tsp ghee and add onions. Cook until fragrant, then add the lamb.
Cook the lamb until the pink is gone. Add turmeric, salt, pepper, cinnamon and Mrs. Dash. 
 Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat to ensure it is thoroughly cooked. This should take about 5 minutes. (You don't want the lamb to be too dry). Transfer lamb to a separate dish and prep pan for the kale and spinach.
Add the remaining ghee and cook the kale and spinach. 
Beat eggs with the coconut milk. Fold in all the other ingredients and stir together. 
Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes until firm. 

I baked mine for 35 minutes and it was a little dry. I think that five minutes will make a difference. It's still pretty yummy. I love the combination of cinnamon with lamb. Such a lovely flavour. 
Hahaha, I'll be eating this all week. 
Just heat n' eat. 

I hope you make it at home and let me know what you think. 
Ciao!