Beauty Buys


Hey lovelies,
Hope your weekend is way more fun than mine. I'm spending my time working on lesson plans. joy.

Can we talk about this New York cold for a minute? WTH!!!
I was not prepared. Having been away for three winters, I quite liked not having my ears and fingers freeze. My RBF (resting bitch face) will be in full effect this winter. It's only 50 degrees and I already feel utterly miserable.

Anywho, I picked a few goodies I wanted to share with you.

I discovered this really awesome mascara from Lorac. It has a primer on one end that builds volume and length, and the actual mascara at the other end. I'm officially smitten. You can add a few coats without all the clumping, which is great because I love to pile on my mascara.

NYX is a line that I've fallen hard for. The products are really great quality at super reasonable price points. If you are obsessed with lip colors and want to be adventurous, this is the line to check out. I found the primer on sale at Nordstrom Rack and decided to give it a try. It works really well to keep my shine at a minimum and gives me a really smooth flawless finish. And like the other products in the line, it's really reasonably priced.

I use the L.A Girl concealer and love it, so when I saw that they carry lip products as well I wanted to test them out. The Glazed lip paints are long lasting and go on smoothly. I love that they have a minty feel as well. They cost less than six bucks which means you can get a bunch of different colors. I picked up the colors Daring and Tempt which will be perfect for fall and winter.

Finally, after seeing tons of beauty bloggers and youtubers going crazy over the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks I picked one up a few weeks ago at Sephora. I have to say it is a great pigmented product but for a whole twenty bucks, I probably won't be getting any more.
I can get the same quality and result from NYX and the LA Girl lippies for a fraction of the cost.

What's on your beauty radar these days?