Life Lately



Hi lovelies,
Thank God for long weekends. They're so necessary. My plan is to relax and take it easy. I'll finally get the mani/pedi I've so desperately needed, do laundry and get my room in order. I'll probably be able do some reading that isn't work related.

These past few weeks have been considerably taxing, physically and emotionally.
I went back to work on August 1st and the kiddies came back on the 17th. This year I'm a classroom teacher, which at my school means you're literally exhausted ALL the time. We're going into week 3 and I'm already tired, like WTH?
Hopefully things get better as the year progresses.

There isn't much else going on besides work to be honest.

I am back on the singles market. Things didn't work out with the guy and I'm glad we decided to end it sooner rather than later. I don't believe in hanging on just for the sake of being in a relationship. I'd much prefer to be single than in a relationship that feels forced. It's not always easy to walk away but if you aren't happy with the situation you need to Cut it.

The good thing is that I was able to do some reflecting on the relationship and had a few come to Jesus moments. I learned some things that will definitely help make me a better person for my future partner.

For one, it's so important to have a strong sense of who you are as an individual and what you want before you go into a relationship. I thought I had it figured out but I still have some work to do to ensure that I am my authentic self and not feel like I have to hold back certain aspects of my personality to be more appealing to someone.

Also, I'm more convinced now that it is absolutely necessary for me to be with someone who shares my faith and is on a similar journey. It is one of my non-negotiables but I kind of just let it slide and that led to way more conflict than is healthy for any relationship. I am definitely not willing to go through that again.

Anyway, life goes on.

After the break up I tried to get back in the dating pool. I' chatted with a bunch of guys and went out on a few dates but I starting to feel jaded. Online dating is way exhausting. I've deleted my accounts and I'm taking a break from it all .Right now I'm not as invested in the process.
Maybe I'll try again in the future. I'm really just hoping the man of my dreams will just walk up to my door and ring the bell and that will be that. LOL, talk about wishful thinking.

Hopefully my next Life Lately post will be more fun and I'll have way more interesting things to chat about.

Chat you up soon.
Besos!