Summer Travel Plans

Hey lovelies,
Happy Friday!Yessssss to the weekend.
I have been looking forward to this moment since Monday morning.

The count down to summer has officially begun for teachers across America. I have five more weeks before break and it literally feels like the last 10k of a marathon. I am exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally.



Thankfully I've been here before and I know that this too shall pass. It also helps that I have an amazing vacation at the end of the finish line.
It's my motivation for pushing through the wall.


This leads me to what I really want to chat about.
After tons of research and planning I've put together my travel itinerary for the summer. It is going to be insane but I am excited and a little scared since I'll be traveling solo for a majority of the trip.

I'll be heading to Malaysia to visit my friend Rich who moved there last year.
On the way Malaysia, I have a thirteen hour layover in London, so I'm going to try to see as much of the city as I can in roughly eight hours.
Once I land in Kuala Lumpur, I'll stay for the night then head to Singapore for the weekend with Rich.
From Singapore I'm going solo and flying to Bali for 5 days, then off to Siem Reap for 3 days.
After Siem Reap it's back to Malaysia where I'll stay for 3 days before heading back to NY.

It was a bit overwhelming to coordinate the dates and flights and accommodations.
I also had to think about the costs becasue I am a budget traveller and I am not here for expensive flights. Luckily flights across SE Asia are relatively cheap. It took some rearranging of dates and destinations but I finally was able to get it sorted.
The price of the multi-city ticket was two hundred and sixty bucks, which I think is pretty good. Getting from NY to Malaysia was under a thousand dollars. I booked early, which I'm glad I did because the price has gone up.

I still have to finish up booking hotels for Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Airbnb came through for me for Siem Reap and I booked a hostel that was recommended to me by an acquaintance for Bali. I'm still looking for other options though.

So that's it for now. I can't wait to share my experiences with you and get some good photos.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Besos