Weekend Recap #1

Hey lovelies,
Happy Monday!

Can you believe we only have two more Mondays in May? The time is flying by lightning fast. Before you know it, it'll be June. I for one am psyched! It is definitely time for a long, much deserved break.

I can't believe how much it rained on Saturday. Where is spring?

I made sure that it didn't stop me from enjoying the day though.
In the morning I went shopping for a new mattress. I was badly in need of one but they're so bloody expensive. My mom was generous enough to let me use her store card to purchase so I can take my time to pay it off. It's insane how much these things cost but it's definitely worth it to just get a good mattress and be done. I ended getting a Beautyrest Platinum with memory foam and pillow top. Guys, this thing is amazing!  It's the same brand found in some of the top hotels such as the W. It really did feel as though I was in a hotel bed.

I had dinner plans with a friend later that day. She introduced me to an Asian Bistro called Chance in Cobble Hill. I always love trying new places and Brooklyn is such a treasure trove of restaurants. I am absolutely spoiled for choices.

The food was pretty good. I had Kimche Fried Rice with chicken. That was new for me, but I  love Fried Rice and I really love Kimche so I figured why the heck not. Thankfully, I wasn't disappointed.
Kimche Fried Rice

Mango Chicken

Food disappointment is one of the worst kinds of disappointments in life for me. Yes a bit dramatic but nothing is worse than paying money for a meal with high hopes only to be crushed by bland, tasteless crap.

Sunday was church and I took my mom out to dinner at a homey little Italian place called Monte's. Apparently this place has a rich history and has been around since the 40s. Quite a few celebrities frequented the place like Sammy Davis Jr and some movie scenes were filmed there.
 I had a stuffed pork shoulder with gnocchi and my mom had wine braised short ribs with mashed potatoes. It was a gastronomic delight. I would definitely go back, there are a few other things I want to try.




How did you spend your weekend?