Weekend Recap #4

Hello lovelies,
I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

My weekend was fantastic. On Friday afternoon I embarked on my first proper solo road trip to Boston to visit my friend Karla.

I'm proud of myself because full disclosure, she'd invited me ages ago but I was nervous about driving that far and for that long by myself so I'd been putting off going.

One of my goals for the past couple of years, is to live fearlessly so I decided that there's no better time to make the trip than now. I hopped in my little car and off I went. It took way longer than the four and a half hours but I did pretty well. I had my music and it kept me entertained.

On Saturday we drove to Falmouth in Cape Cod and took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. The weather started off a bit chilly and overcast but the sun God was on our side and permitted enough sunlight throughout the day for a pleasant trip.

If you've never been, I highly recommend a visit. It's such a beautiful and quaint little town.

We walked along the water and explore the shops and boutiques then hopped on a bus to Edgartown to see the lighthouse and gawk at all the beautiful homes.







 We stopped for lunch at Seafood Shanty in Edgartown. From the outside it didn't look like much and we were reluctant to eat there but the rain began which forced us to seek shelter. It was the closest restaurant in our vicinity.
We were both pleasantly surprised. The view was gorgeous as the dining area offers sea views and the food was absolutely delish.



Lobster Quesidilla

Wings and Caesar Salad




 



Sunday was spent making my way back to NY. Even though the drive was long and tiresome, it was worth the trip to Boston. 

I did something that scared me a little, enjoyed time with my friend and had a much needed day of relaxation. 

How did you spend your weekend?