Tapping into my Creativity



I've never considered myself to be particularly creative. In my past life I fancied myself a poet but I put down my pen long ago and haven't really done anything to tap into my creative side.
Thankfully, I'm evolving and discovering things about myself.  

As I began traveling more I realized that I have a passion for photography. I notice people and things that I want to memorialize. Nothing does that better than a photo. 

I've taken a couple classes but never took it seriously. Lately the passion has intensified and I enrolled in a photo class to increase my technical skills. 
My goal is to nurture this newly discovered creativity and take the steps to really hone my skills. 

I love the course because it's forcing me to use my camera outside of traveling. Normally it would remain in the case, hidden away in the back of my closet until I went on a trip. That's totally unacceptable. 

The only way to get better at something is to keep doing it over and over again. 
That being said, I'm planning to get out there and just take photos. I really enjoy photographing people so that will be my focus. I want to share some of my work with you guys as I go through this class and beyond that. 

Each week we get a new skill/technique to work on. Last week it was bracketing (taking a series of photos of the same subject using different camera settings) and this week we're working on portraits. 

This week's skill has made me so much bolder. I've walked up to perfect strangers and asked to take their pics. I have also been photographing my co-workers for the course and it's made me connect with them on such a different level. 

Check out some of the photos from both classes. 

I'll be sharing a photo a week, either from the class or from my travels. 

Let me know what you think. 








Besos